- Radiative transfer in molecular lines
With my new position at the University Observatory, I have completely
changed the field of work. My present research occupation covers
the theory of radiative transfer in molecular rotational lines and the
interpretation of observed line profiles.
- Coagulation and optical properties of dust
- Nevertheless, I'm still open to all
questions related to my previous work on the properties and the
dynamical behaviour of interstellar dust in molecular clouds and
the shells of late type stars done during my Ph.D studies
at the Max Planck Research Group ``Dust in
- FORTRAN codes
- Although the main part of my all-day programming activities
related to the research provides only small programs for personal use,
I have tried to make some programs quite portable and to write manuals
for them so that everybody else can use them when working in a similar field.
- I am responsible for the
WWW pages of the University Observatory
and I try to use this occasion to learn more about HTML documents
and CGI programming.
ctsuch is a relatively sophisticated
byproduct of those trials on CGI programming.
- You should contact me or G. Tänzer
if you have any Linux specific problem
concerning the PCs at our institute. We try to walk on the thin wire
between continuously upgrading the system and a minimal negative
impact on the other users.
- Physik der Molekülwolken
- Here, you can find an overview on the structure of the
lecture held together with W. Pfau and K. Schreyer.
- Argelandersche Stufenschätzung im Astronomischen Praktikum
- Although I am not involved in the practical training in this
semester, I still feel responsible for this experiment that I have
set up in the current form. So, please contact me if you have any problems
with the experiment or the reduction software.
- List of Publications
- You can also read the abstracts
of the most recent papers.
- Available data
- All tables and graphs from the A&A publications are available
in their original numerical form, so that you can directly work with
February 9th, 1996